Another weekend = another project checked off the list. However this weekends’ projects will be coming soon, this is what we did a few weekends ago + a little work last weekend.
You all know the story about the striped walls. Well, we finally finished painting the walls after doing all sorts of stuff to them including re-mudding, sanding and texturing. I also began the not-so-fun task of painting baseboards, window frames and trim in that room, which will eventually carry through-out the whole house.
This was my first time painting trim, and I decided to not listen to the guy at Home Depot and glad I didn’t. When I asked how to do this task, he said I should sand, prime and then paint. I decided for this little room as a test room, I’d just try the Behr Paint + Primer and see how it worked. I figured I’d need more than one coat, but I would also need to prime one coat, then paint one coat, so either way I figured it would equal out. For the baseboards, I did one thinner coat, then the next coat was a nice thick one and that has proven to work perfectly. I did try that on the door frames and windows, but I think the wood is a different type and newer, so it has taken 3 coats, and is probably in need of one more final one to hide any bit of wood grain. I have yet to officially finish that room’s trim on the window and door, but the baseboard are done 🙂
I also hung these cork circles I got from Ikea – their main purpose is a hot pad for the counter, but I liked the shape of them and will use them as an inspiration board for when I work up there doing some freelance. I also started hanging some of the paper lanterns and flowers that tie in with the room, however since I’ve taken the photo, I’ve finished hanging them, and some have fallen. I obviously need to figure out a better way to hang them.
Paint walls dark charcoal Grey Hang cork board inspiration wall
- Paint trim white (almost done)
- Hang curtains
- Find rug
- Paint dresser yellow – like the matching desk
- Hang stuff on the walls
There is still a lot of organizing that needs to be done in this room, but at least it is in an ok state right now! More photos and progress to come!
Pingback: Our Home: One Year Later | Drew & Vanessa